Call for testing: OpenSSH-6.2

Roumen Petrov openssh at roumenpetrov.info
Thu Mar 7 08:40:25 EST 2013

Darren Tucker wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 10:19:47PM +0200, Roumen Petrov wrote:
>> After revision 1.329 above modpipe is changed by another commit to :
>> ----
>> regress/modpipe: $(srcdir)/regress/modpipe.c
>>      [ -d `pwd`/regress ]  ||  mkdir -p `pwd`/regress; \
>>      $(CC) $(CPPFLAGS) -o $@ $? \
>>      $(LDFLAGS) -lopenbsd-compat -lssh -lopenbsd-compat $(LIBS)
>> ----
>>
>> First target lack $(EXEXT) and second I cannot understand why lines
>> ends with \ .
> the line first need not since it tests for the presence of the directory
> first, but the last two lines are actually a single command to compile
> and link although it looks a bit like separate steps (I thought that at
> first glance).  Anyway it should be harmless so I'd be inclined to leave
> it until after the release to change it.
I'm sorry maybe I'm wrong. Currently I do have access to build
environment to test multiprocess build.
May be I'm wrong but Makefile in regress directory is linked to source
file, in case of VPATH build, .i.e build out of source tree. The rule,
if i remember well, create subdirectory 'regress'.
Now new target introduced in 6.2 try to create same directory.
I mean that I prefer to  write rule with two shell execution as creation
of directory to be hidden from users :
     - at mkdir foo 2>/dev/null || :
      $(CC) ... -o foo/bar.o \

Between test and creation of subdirectory another parallel process could
create subdir and as result users will see failure message for directory
creation followed by successful compilation.

Please ignore my post if the current make rules ensure consecutive
execution , i.e. go ahead with new release.

I will check later new target rule. Previous one was not correct as
modpipe object file was created in source tree. It seems to me this is
resolved with new target.

Roumen

--
Get X.509 certificates support in OpenSSH:
http://roumenpetrov.info/openssh/