Debugging SFTP question

Graeme Wallace graeme.wallace at farecompare.com
Sun May 5 23:29:41 EST 2013

The client is Axway Secure Transport. The files we are receiving are from a
vendor so I don't have any control over the client side unfortunately.

The file shouldnt be sparse as its a bzipped ASCII file.

I've also downloaded the bzip source and dumped out the offset at which its
corrupt, and it doesnt correspond to the offset jumps. (I'm still confused
about whats going on there)

If i look at the debug logs from sftpd, the 32K packet that contains the
corrupt offset says it was received ok.

What else can I check ? (The vendor assures me that they transmit files
around using Axway all over the place without problems and its just our
system....)

regards

Graeme

--