Support for "ssh-rsa-sha256" and "ssh-dss-sha256" ?

Jeffrey Hawkins rtswguru at hotmail.com
Wed May 15 10:18:39 EST 2013

Functionality request for supporting Digital Signatures for RSA and DSS Public Key Algorithms in alignment with NIST SP800-131A.

I assume this has been asked before, but I could not find in the archives.   Support of "ssh-rsa-sha256" and "ssh-dss-sha256" public key algorithms for OpenSSH?  I know Suite B Algorithms and x509 SSH Extension Algorithms are supported, but not a path some folks (us) want to take.  Tectia supports similar algorithms  via their own extensions in commercial SSH.

Are these algorithms being worked on for OpenSSH or been previously rejected?  Assuming not rejected, and no one working on it, if I were to do the work and create the patch set, would it be accepted into the mainline?

Thanks,
Jeff