RE: Support for "ssh-rsa-sha256" and "ssh-dss-sha256" ?‏

Geoff_Lowe at McAfee.com Geoff_Lowe at McAfee.com
Fri May 24 01:19:10 EST 2013

I would like to add support for this request also.

Thanks,
Geoff "with a G"

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 7:33 PM
To: openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org
Subject: Support for "ssh-rsa-sha256" and "ssh-dss-sha256" ?‏

Functionality request for supporting Digital Signatures for RSA and DSS
Public Key Algorithms in alignment with NIST SP800-131A.

assume this has been asked before, but I could not find in the
archives.   Support of "ssh-rsa-sha256" and "ssh-dss-sha256" public key
algorithms for OpenSSH?  I know Suite B Algorithms and x509 SSH
Extension Algorithms are supported, but not a path some folks (us) want
to take.  Tectia supports similar algorithms  via their own extensions
in commercial SSH.

Are these algorithms being worked on for
OpenSSH or been previously rejected?  Assuming not rejected, and no one
working on it, if I were to do the work and create the patch set, would
it be accepted into the mainline?

Thanks,
Jeff