Utility to scan for unpassworded SSH privkeys?

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Fri May 24 11:21:20 EST 2013

On Thu, 23 May 2013, Dan Kaminsky wrote:

> Effectively nobody passphrases their ssh keys.  They're used as a way to
> *suppress* password entry in the real world -- use this, and things just
> work rather than poking you each time.

I'm aware of this stigma, which is the current popular (and lazy)
thinking.  That's why I laid out assumptions #1 and #2.  I can't make
people use passwordless everywhere.

However, if I'm giving you space in my garage, I want to know you're
not storing rusting propane cylinders :)

-Dan

--

"You're a nomad billygoat!"

-Juston, July 18th, 2002