Projects for new developers

Andreas Schneider asn at cryptomilk.org
Thu Nov 21 01:08:53 EST 2013

On Tuesday 19 November 2013 11:27:08 Damien Miller wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> So, if you want a project to work on you could:
>
> 1) Make a test suite (or modify our regression test suite) that runs
> the OpenSSH tools under valgrind, with good code/feature coverage and
> produces a useful summary report for each tool.

in Samba we have several wrappers to test servers and clients. One of them is
socket_wrapper which allows you to setup a fully isolated environment for
testing! I've make them preloadable and it works very well. However it is
still work in progress but maybe you want to take a look:

http://git.cryptomilk.org/projects/socket_wrapper.git/tree/example/openssh.sh

The plan is to use this to run libssh tests against openssh sshd or ssh
against a libssh server.

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
www.cryptomilk.org                asn at cryptomilk.org