SSH regression test failure question

Tim Ruehsen tim.ruehsen at gmx.de
Thu Oct 17 22:10:04 EST 2013

Hi,

meanwhile I am deeper into OpenSSH (followed the well-done docs, that I missed
in the beginning).

'make build' works with current CVS.

But
	REGRESS_FULL=1 make regress
fails for ssh:
failed sftp permissions
*** Error 1 in ssh (Makefile:145 't-sftp-perm')
FAILED
*** Error 1 in ssh (<bsd.regress.mk>:101 'regress')
*** Error 1 in /usr/src/regress/usr.bin (<bsd.subdir.mk>:48 'regress')

I can see it is due to
	postcondition check failed: setstat readonly
which fails since I am running the regression test as user 'root'.

Question:
Should I patch the test (to work as user root), or am I doing something wrong
(e.g. missed to set an env variable or being the wrong user ?)

Regards, Tim