Request for reviewing lsetstat patch

Bert Haverkamp bert.haverkamp at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 20:00:02 EST 2014

Dear all,

With openssh 6.6 out the door, I want to make a case to add lsetstat to
sftp-server.
The patches are provided in bug 2067. I hope they can be incorporated in
the next version.I have them running for a year on several systems already
and they work fine IMHO.

At the moment sftp is not able to set timestamps on symlinks.
In order to make this possible lsetstat needs to be implemented.
Attached patch makes this addition.

This patch is particularly useful when using sshfs. It makes the filesystem
even more transparent to use.

On a related note, I am/was also interested in the patches attached to bug
1555. As far as I can see these patches were long ago incorporated. If so,
bug 1555 should be closed.

Please let me know if you have any feedback on the above patches.

Kind regards,

Bert Haverkamp