VETO! Re: heads up: tcpwrappers support going away

Nicolai nicolai-openssh at chocolatine.org
Sun Apr 27 01:57:42 EST 2014

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 08:35:08PM -0500, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
> I bet sshd could be run from a tcpwrapper enabled inetd
> using 'sshd -D'.

Good point.  I use -ieDf for ssh over CurveCP and it works like a charm
even on old hardware.  So really, the desired functionality will still
be in OpenSSH, and there will still be at least two distinct ways of
getting it (instead of three).  It's sensible to remove duplicate
functionality in OpenSSH, particularly where it's better placed
elsewhere.

So people can look at -i and -D flags.  They work!

Nicolai