.ssh_config forwarding

Iain Morgan imorgan at nas.nasa.gov
Tue Aug 19 04:07:21 EST 2014

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 12:12:15 +0400, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I was wondering about having ssh-agent also forward the ssh_config in
> addition to the private keys. This would be helpful, when you have a
> lot of host file definitions in your .ssh_config.

I must admit to not knowing much about the inner workings of ssh-agent,
but I didn't think it actually forwarded private keys. That would be
really wrong.

But that point isn't really relevant to your main point. Assuming that
doing something like this is compatible with how ssh-agent works, how
would you propose dealing with incompatible OpenSSH versions between the
local and remote host? I can foresee a situation where the local
configuration takes advantage of some newer feature that may not be
supported on the remote host.

I'm rather dubious about the value and viability of such a feature.

--
Iain Morgan