Call for testing: OpenSSH 6.7

Iain Morgan imorgan at nas.nasa.gov
Tue Aug 26 07:57:08 EST 2014

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 14:27:54 -0700, Kevin Brott wrote:
> Slightly better results this time 'round ... still having non-ec.h build
> issues, what I think is a race condition on RHEL 3, and PIE issues (fixed
> with --without-pie config option) on RHEL 5 64-bit systems with a
> just-built copy of openssl

Sorry, I haven't been following this thread closely, but have you tried
adding -fPIC when you configure OpenSSL? That's an issue that comes up
on the mailing list from time to time with installs of OpenSSL.

If that is the issue you are encountering, we should probably add a note
about it to the INSTALL file and possibly the online FAQ.

--
Iain