Adding Solaris Audit to sshd (and sftp-server)

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Thu Dec 11 07:41:32 EST 2014

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Gary Winiger <gary.winiger at oracle.com>
wrote:
[...]

>         I'll have to see what Oracle requires.  Hopefully it is
>         acceptable.  I know that an Oracle copyright will be required.
>         As I'm paid by Oracle when writing code, that seems reasonable
>         to me.  A CDDL may be required

Oracle copyright would be OK (there are already examples of
non-individual-entity copyrights, including Sun Microsystems).  CDDL,
however, introduces additional restrictions and code under a CDDL license
would definitely not be merged.  Using a license different to any of the
ones that already exist (ISC, 2-term BSD, MIT)  would be a serious
impediment.

>         I'll review the style guide.  As you may know Solaris has a
>         style guide.

This would be OpenSSH code not Solaris code.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.