Dealing with roaming machines

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Tue Dec 23 07:38:54 EST 2014

also sprach Dan Kaminsky <dan at doxpara.com> [2014-12-22 14:47 +0100]:
> Generally the way people manage mobility like this is to have
> a client on the mobile device that updates the DNS entry, which
> otherwise has a small TTL.

You're probably right, this seems like the clean approach — except
of course we don't offer dynamic DNS (yet) and we also don't have
a classic master-slave architecture, but multiple masters (nsd4) all
with the same configuration managed in Git…

Thanks,

--
@martinkrafft | http://madduck.net/ | http://two.sentenc.es/

"... alle sätze der logik sagen aber dasselbe. nämlich nichts."
                                                       -- wittgenstein

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net