Dealing with roaming machines

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Wed Dec 24 07:04:36 EST 2014

also sprach Dan Kaminsky <dan at doxpara.com> [2014-12-23 20:52 +0100]:
> That's a good point. DHCP allows you to set DNS search parameters. So as
> long as each location sets different search, "ssh fishbowl" will in fact
> resolve to the proper local FQDN.

Yeah, and this works, but it's *not* what I want, because the
machine is not reachable at the local FQDN; it is reachable at
a remote location, so the (correct) DNS search setup is actually
*preventing* me from accessing the machine without manual
intervention.

--
@martinkrafft | http://madduck.net/ | http://two.sentenc.es/

"politics is the entertainment branch of industry."
                                                        -- frank zappa

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net