SSH forwarded NFS has 4GB file size limit...why?

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sun Feb 16 21:41:45 EST 2014

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 3:58 PM,  <openssh-dev at kutek.info> wrote:
> standard SSH port forwarding used, but this file size limit appears.
>
>  NFS mounts not using SSH  have no such limits on my machines.
> any ideas?

More information is required before anyone could even guess.  What
versions of are the ssh client and server?  Which direction is the
forward (ie -L or -R).  What platforms are the NFS client and server?

A simple port forward test here with the current versions of the
client and server and -L with chargen did not show a 4G limit so
whatever it is is probably not something obvious.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.