New git repository

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Fri Jan 17 23:59:38 EST 2014

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014, Aris Adamantiadis wrote:

> Le 17/01/14 07:10, Damien Miller a ?crit :
>
> > I'll look at switching development for portable OpenSSH from CVS to git
> > at some future time.
>
> That's really awesome ! Even better as Steffen suggested would be to
> have a single git repository with portable branches and vanilla
> branches. It would greatly help the cherry-picking of patches (my
> favorite feature in git).

So, I'd like to make a maintained cvs->git conversions of the OpenBSD
upstream tree. How this will relate to a possible future primary git
portable tree is an open question that needs to be resolved before
we move development to git.

Ideally, portable would be a set of separable and well-labeled
patches atop the upstream tree but getting to that point would
take a lot of manual work to make said patches. I'm not sure
I have the time or the stomach to go through it.

While I have you attention, Aris. Could I ask you to check that
the current git portable OpenSSH interops with libssh using your
Curve25519 KEX? I make a couple of non-protocol code tweaks there
and want to be triply sure I didn't break anything...

-d