Call for testing: OpenSSH-6.5

Iain Morgan imorgan at nas.nasa.gov
Sat Jan 18 09:14:52 EST 2014

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 11:26:47 +1100, Damien Miller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> OpenSSH 6.5 is almost ready for release, so we would appreciate testing
> on as many platforms and systems as possible. This release contains
> some substantial new features and a number of bugfixes.

The 20140118 snapshot builds and passes all tests on:

	RHEL 6.5/amd64
	SLES 11sp1/amd64
	Mac OS X 10.8.5

For completeness, the following warnings were reported on RHEL and SLES:

readpassphrase.c:127: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
readpassphrase.c:146: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
log.c:448: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
ssh.c:1183: warning: ignoring return value of ‘daemon’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
serverloop.c:151: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
ssh-agent.c:1211: warning: ignoring return value of ‘chdir’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
scp.c:1341: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
sftp.c:234: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
sftp-client.c:1262: warning: ignoring return value of ‘ftruncate’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result

The list is _much_ longer on OS X; about 750 warnings. However, most of
these appear to be related to OpenSSL and are probably related to having to
use --without-openssl-header-check.

--
Iain Morgan