additional compiler hardening flags

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sun Jan 19 15:18:37 EST 2014

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 3:03 AM, Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat.com> wrote:
[...]
> "signed - unsigned comparisons".  The reason is that socklen_t
> is signed, but sizeof returns a size_t value (addrmatch.c), resp
> i was defined as unsigend type (canohost.c).

committed upstream.

[...]'
> GCC is unhappy: error: no return statement in function returning non-void
> [-Werror=return-type]:
[...]
>         longjmp(kexjmp, 1);
> +       return 0;               /* Silence compiler warnings. */

This doesn't seem to be a problem on any other platforms.  Should your
longjmp be marked __attribute__ ((__noreturn__)) ?  If I'm looking at
the right thing it seems like it's not:
http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/newlib/libc/include/setjmp.h?cvsroot=src

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)