Call for testing: OpenSSH-6.5

Tom G. Christensen tgc at jupiterrise.com
Mon Jan 27 22:23:00 EST 2014

On 27/01/14 00:50, Damien Miller wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Jan 2014, Tom Christensen wrote:
>
>> I modified configure.ac to detect inet_ntop and the build completes and it
>> passes the testsuite.
>> There is still the generic IRIX issue with killpg() only being supported when
>> explicitly using BSD signal semantics.
>> Details are here:
>> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.network.openssh.devel/19422
>> I'm using kill(0, SIGTERM) instead as kill(2) indicates it should work the
>> same.
>
> Do you have diffs for these changes?

Sorry, but the inet_ntop change was just a hack, not a proper solution.
For correctness such a change should be looking for inet_ntop in both
libresolv and libnsl (for Solaris 8-10).
Note though that Solaris 7 does not declare this function in the headers.

For killpg vs. kill I'm just patching sshd.c, changing the single use of
killpg to kill.
I don't know if this is universally acceptable and I only know of IRIX
which has this issue. It might not actually cause any problems to use
killpg, but as the manpage says results can be unpredictable.

-tgc