Call for testing: OpenSSH-6.5

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Tue Jan 28 10:20:21 EST 2014

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 6:38 AM, Tom G. Christensen <tgc at jupiterrise.com> wrote:
[...]
> Could there be some timing/performance issue causing those failures?

It's possible.  We try to not make the tests timing-sensitive where
possible but some of them are inherently racy.

The slowest machine I've run the tests on is either a 166MHz powerpc
or a 170 MHz sparc.  On the sparcs at least, building openssl with gcc
-mv8 or better makes a huge difference because it enables the hardware
multiply, and DH does a lot of multiplies.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement