Call for testing: OpenSSH-6.5

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Tue Jan 28 22:17:39 EST 2014

On Tue, 28 Jan 2014, Tom G. Christensen wrote:

> Good call.
>
> I rebuilt openssl with sparcv8 on the Solaris 7 host, and now it can
> complete the rekey test. I guess there is a timeout somewhere that
> causes the test to fail if it takes too long to do the math. I'm not
> sure I can get much more performance out of the IRIX 5.3 host, so if
> there is a way to avoid or extend this timeout that would be nice.

OpenSSL does ship MIPS assembler bits for its bignum code, though I
have no idea under what circumstances it is activated.

As for altering the test to take longer - you could try increasing
the 'sleep 3' statements in rekey.sh to something longer and see
if that helps. Unfortunately, this is a more fiddly one to avoid the
races on.

btw, if you want to re-run a single test you can do:

make tests LTESTS=rekey

from the top level directory

-d