Call for testing: OpenSSH-6.5

Petr Lautrbach plautrba at redhat.com
Wed Jan 29 01:51:29 EST 2014

Hi,

regress/agent.sh reports wrong exit codes when some of tests fail:

run test agent.sh ...
agent fwd proto 1 failed (exit code 0)
agent fwd proto 2 failed (exit code 0)
failed simple agent test

It's probably due to using $? value in error message after
"if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then"
which sets $? to 0.

With the attached patch, the output would look like:
run test agent.sh ...
agent fwd proto 1 failed (exit code 255)
agent fwd proto 2 failed (exit code 255)
failed simple agent test

I noticed it when I'd run "make tests" by an user, who runs ssh-agent with a static socket from .bashrc:
eval `ssh-agent -a /tmp/plautrba/.ssh-agent.sock`

In this case, the agent.sh always fails, but I consider this more as a configuration issue than
a real bug in test suite.

However, with the standard .bashrc I can confirm that "make tests" passes on RHEL-7 Beta.

Thanks,

Petr
--
Petr Lautrbach