Call for testing: OpenSSH-6.5

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Fri Jan 31 14:24:25 EST 2014

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Kevin Brott <kevin.brott at gmail.com> wrote:
> Crazy days ... so I finally got to the non-redhat builds and ran into two
> issues.  One's an IBM stupidity - and the other is an issue in the openssh
> code under the HP-UX Ansi C compiler on 11.23.

Doh.  It's a shame my old C class workstation bit the dust otherwise I
might have caught that before the release.

> *** readconf.c.orig     Fri Jan 17 05:03:57 2014
> --- readconf.c  Thu Jan 30 15:37:31 2014
> ***************
> *** 22,23 ****
> --- 22,24 ----
>   #include <netinet/in.h>
> + #include <arpa/inet.h>
>   #include <netinet/in_systm.h>
>
> I'm no code-grinder - but I'm guessing there's a test failing (or succeding
> incorrectly) somewhere.The readconf.c hack lets the build complete and all
> tests pass afterwards.  The example patch in the php bug report points to a
> better fix for readconf.c - if configure defined HAVE_ARPA_INET_H

We already unconditionally include arpa/inet.h in a few other files so
doing this should be safe.  Patch applied.

Thanks.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.