SFTP fails at connection

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 20:39:58 EST 2014

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 7:22 PM, Sachin Gupta <sachin3072004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have recently installed openssh6.5 on my Centos box.
> And I can do ssh to my centos box. But SFTP fails at connection.
> I get following messages when I try to run sshd in debug mode.

How did you build it? Did you make an RPM, or did you compile from
scratch and install it locally, possibly leaving in place  the CentOS
provided RPM to create confusion and overlapping components? And which
CentOS release? Did you use OpenSSH 6,5, or OpenSSH 6.5p1 which has
portability patches?

The OpenSSH 6.6p1 tarball has a decent working .spec file for RHEL
inside it, I do recommend that you use it.