sftp session disconnects right after passwd enter

daggs daggs at gmx.com
Mon Jun 2 15:17:08 EST 2014

Greetings Nico, Ángel

> Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2014 at 11:51 PM
> From: "Nico Kadel-Garcia" <nkadel at gmail.com>
> To: "Ángel González" <keisial at gmail.com>
> Cc: daggs <daggs at gmx.com>, "openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org" <openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org>
> Subject: Re: sftp session disconnects right after passwd enter
>
> On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 4:39 PM, Ángel González <keisial at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 01/06/14 21:56, daggs wrote:
> >>
> >> I fixed a config issue, now it works without the ChrootDirectory, how can
> >> I fix it? Thanks.
> >
> > What about changing  /usr/lib64/misc/sftp-server to internal-sftp ?
> >
> > I suspect you don't have a /home/sftp_user/usr/lib64/misc/sftp-server binary
> > ;)
>
> He's right. You should, normally, be using the "internal-sftp" option
> for that SFTP binary.

you are both correct, the first bug was that the path given to the binary didn't exists, after changing it to the correct path, I was able to connect without the chrootdirectory defined.
but it seems that chrootdirectory can be used only with internal-sftp so I've modified it and it works.

I do wonder why chrootdirectory can work only with internal-sftp

thanks to all of the help.