Call for testing: OpenSSH 6.6

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Sat Mar 1 20:33:30 EST 2014

On Fri, 28 Feb 2014, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:

> I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be testing yet, but since I'm the pesky
> NetBSD guy, I did:
>
> git clone https://github.com/openssh/openssh-portable/
>
> and after the autoreconf && ./configure && make tests, I got:
>
> run test dhgex.sh ...
> dhgex bits 3072 diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1 cast128-cbc
> FATAL: dhgex expected 3072 bit group, got 2048

oh, I bet it is not finding /etc/moduli whereever it expects it and
falling back to dh.c:dh_new_group14()

Darren - I'm not sure this test will work correctly before installation
and we have no sshd_config(5) ModuliFile option to work around this.
Maybe we should disable it for release? Or make it "test -f /etc/moduli"
first?

-d