Call for testing: OpenSSH 6.6

mancha mancha1 at hush.com
Sat Mar 1 21:54:41 EST 2014

On Sat, 01 Mar 2014 10:24:08 +0000 "Kevin Brott" wrote:
>After manually tweaking the dhgex.sh file (gnupatch even un-
>wrapped still won't apply)

My email must have mangled whitespace because our patches
do the same thing.

>fixing the CR issue in the test file might make more sense
>and avoid needing this.

OpenSSH logfiles are CRLF terminated - it's not just when running
the test suite. I don't think it's considered broken but intended.

>and pointing the make test sysconfdir to the installed config
>directory on my Debian box - all tests do pass.  But I'm not sure
>the config suite should assume there's already a working ssh
>config somewhere, and go looking for it (HP-UX uses a non-std
>location, so do our localize

I agree. To use the staging dir's moduli file so it doesn't
depend on having an installed system moduli file you can do:

$ ./configure && make tests sysconfdir=$(pwd)

This could be forced in the makefile's test target so it works
automagically.

--mancha