Call for testing: OpenSSH 6.6

Kevin Brott kevin.brott at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 05:21:08 EST 2014

Running test-exec.sh with the set -x in it shows it trying to run this
command line:
/usr/src/openssh/regress/sshd -f /usr/src/openssh/regress/sshd_config
-E/usr/src/openssh/regress/ssh.log
Yet, watching the process table during that part of make tests shows that
command never actually executed, so the pidfile being tested for never
materializes.

Simply manually running that command  in another window while the test is
waiting for the pidfile, gets past the failure and gets 'make tests' to
cleanly finish to 'all tests passed'.

So I'm not sure exactly what's going south here, it's almost as if it's not
really running the command, or can't - but it's not throwing any errors as
to why.

=====

--
# include <stddisclaimer.h>