Threading support in ssh-agent (up from 2012).

Alexander V Alekseev alex at alemate.ru
Tue Mar 18 19:36:12 EST 2014

 	Hi all again,

   Two years ago I proposed a patch to support multithreading in ssh-agent
to speedup authorization against large number of hosts. The discussion
ended with:

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012, Damien Miller wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Mar 2012, alex at alemate.ru wrote:
>
>> 	Is there any hope for threaded ssh-agent to be included in the
>> main trunk?
>
> No, sorry - we have no desire to make any part of OpenSSH multithreaded,
> especially something as sensitive as ssh-agent.
>
> We might consider an alternate design that used fork() if it were simple
> enough, but I'd encourage you to hold off as I plan on refactoring some
> of the agent code in the next release.

What is your current opinion on the topic? Most of the code in
ssh-agent.c has not changed, so my patch still works with minor changes.
Will you accept threaded design now?

Thank you,
Alexander.