Character Set conversion from EBCIDIC to ASCII

Jitendra.Hushare at sungard.com Jitendra.Hushare at sungard.com
Thu Oct 16 17:53:12 EST 2014

Hello,

   We as an organization are going to use SFTP for our data transfer. Our requirement is to SFTP the file from IBM Mainframe (z/390) to Unix or Windows. Currently we are using FTP, which converts the character set from EBCIDIC to ASCII and also take care of CR and LF aspect.

   My question is, do the same feature is available in SFTP, where it smartly understand the source and destination operating system and does the character set conversion and take care of CR and LF as FTP does currently. Please suggest.

Thank you
Jitendra