OpenSSH 6.6.x sends invalid SSH_MSG_USERAUTH_INFO_REQUEST

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Tue Apr 7 10:39:37 AEST 2015

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 12:29 AM, Peter Gutmann <pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz>
wrote:

> I've had a report from a user that "SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_6.6.1_hpn13v11
> FreeBSD-20140420" is sending an invalid SSH_MSG_USERAUTH_INFO_REQUEST.

That's a vendor-modified version of OpenSSH.  Assuming it corresponds to
what's in FreeBSD head, there's about a thousand lines of changes.
Browsing through the diffs I don't see anything that could obviously cause
it, but I am far from sure.

Can you reproduce the problem with an unmodified version from openssh.com?
Failing that, can you get the server-side debug output from a failing
connection (ie /path/to/sshd -ddd)?

Thanks.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)