Tera Term, Unexpected SSH2 message(80) on current stage(6) [was Re: SAP-2015-3-1 issues]

Bryan Drewery bryan at shatow.net
Thu Apr 9 12:28:53 AEST 2015

On 4/8/2015 8:44 PM, Bryan Drewery wrote:
> On 3/1/2015 2:54 AM, Damien Miller wrote:
>> On Sat, 28 Feb 2015, The Doctor wrote:
>>
>>> When will it be added in?
>>
>> It's already committed. It's in git now and will be in the next snapshot.

>>> Break the connection; in this case Tera Type.
>>
>> It seems to be crashing on a valid, but unexpected extension message, do
>> you know what identification tera type sends in its ssh banner?
>
> I recently upgraded to 6.8 and ran into this. It breaks the client.
>
> From the server:
>
> debug1: Client protocol version 2.0; client software version TTSSH/2.72
> Win32
> [...]
> Received disconnect from 10.10.1.139: 11: Unexpected SSH2 message(80) on
> current stage(6)

It seems that Tera Term has fixed this but not yet released a build with it.

http://en.sourceforge.jp/ticket/browse.php?group_id=1412&tid=35010
http://en.sourceforge.jp/projects/ttssh2/scm/svn/commits/5829

This patch fixes it in OpenSSH for me:

https://people.freebsd.org/~bdrewery/patches/ttssh-host-keys.diff