ssh and tacacs+

ali rezaee nlndipi at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 23 15:17:04 AEST 2015

Hi,I'm trying to use TACACS+ authentication for ssh, but up to now, have been unsuccessful. I can login or telnet using TACACS, but apparently, ssh uses some kind of encryption, that my tacacs server cannot read. Therefore, it is unable to authenticate the user. The weird thing is that if the user has been created locally on the client system, i won't have such a problem and it authenticates just fine. I was wondering if there is a way to have ssh, not encrypt the password or if i can find a source code in the openssh library, where i can add the user locally, before authentication (I did the second one for login). I've been reading the openssh source codes and haven't yet been able to figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks,Ali Rezaee