sshd "getpeername failed: Transport endpoint is not connected" error

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Tue Dec 15 10:02:40 AEDT 2015

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 6:23 PM, Andrey Klimentev
<andrei650816 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for suggestion. That was, indeed, a problem on our network.
> Sorry for bothering you.
>
> BTW, "-r" option is not included in a man page,

We consider -r (and -R which is also used by the reexec code) to be
implementation details that end users should not rely on.

> it doesn't seem to have any effect as well.

It does, but the effect is not user visible.  Look for
"send_rexec_state: done" in the debug output with and without -r.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.