Call for testing: OpenSSH 6.8

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Sat Feb 21 23:09:55 AEDT 2015

Hi Damien,

On Feb 20 09:21, Damien Miller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> OpenSSH 6.8 is almost ready for release, so we would appreciate testing
> on as many platforms and systems as possible. This release contains
> some substantial new features and a number of bugfixes.
>
> Snapshot releases for portable OpenSSH are available from
> http://www.mindrot.org/openssh_snap/
>
> The OpenBSD version is available in CVS HEAD:
> http://www.openbsd.org/anoncvs.html
>
> Portable OpenSSH is also available via anonymous CVS using the
> instructions at http://www.openssh.com/portable.html#cvs or
> via Git at https://anongit.mindrot.org/openssh.git/
>
> Running the regression tests supplied with Portable OpenSSH does not
> require installation and is a simply:
>
> $ ./configure && make tests

Building on 64 bit Cygwin works out of the box.  However, I have trouble
with the testsuite.  As usual, I'm building outside the source tree:

- Building the testsuite fails:

  Assembler messages:
  Fatal error: can't create regress/unittests/bitmap/tests.o: No such file or directory
  Makefile:152: recipe for target 'regress/unittests/bitmap/tests.o' failed

  The testsuite apparently misses creating the regress/unittests/bitmap
  subdir prior to running the test.  Same for the "hostkeys" and "kex"
  subdirs.  If I create these dirs by hand, the build succeeds.  Some
  mkdir -p calls for these three dirs would probably help.

- The failing last loop in the "forwarding" script as reported back
  during 6.7 testing is still failing for me more often than not.  It's
  always the same reason, the script tries to use in-use port numbers.
  Reducing the forwarding script to only this last test loop succeeds
  every time, but is quite a hack for testing.

- Last but not least, all tests in hostkey-agent.sh fail and I don't
  understand what's the problem here.  I attached the log files for this
  problem to this mail.  Maybe you see what's going wrong?

Thanks,
Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen