Call for testing: OpenSSH 6.8

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Fri Feb 27 12:00:22 AEDT 2015

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 7:46 PM, Damien Miller <djm at mindrot.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Feb 2015, Darren Tucker wrote:
>
> > I added an error() call just before that check and here's what it gave:
> >
> > debug1: channel 1: new [forwarded-streamlocal at openssh.com]^M
> > DAZ: fd 10 ss_family 1 expect AF_UNIX 1^M
> > DAZ: fd 10 ss_family 0 expect AF_UNIX 1^M
> > get_socket_address: getnameinfo 1 failed: ai_family not supported^M
> > get_sock_port: getnameinfo NI_NUMERICSERV failed: ai_family not
> supported^M
> >
> > looks like something is clearing ss_family?
>
> Could these be closed sockets? (Though I couldn't see how getsockname/
> getpeername could succeed in this case).

possibly, although I don't understand why it gets called twice

> Otherwise, is ipv64_normalise_mapped screwing it up?

I think we can rule that out: it returns early for non-ipv6 sockets and if
that was the reason it would have shown up in the log:

       if (addr->ss_family != AF_INET6 ||
            !IN6_IS_ADDR_V4MAPPED(&a6->sin6_addr))
                return;
        debug3("Normalising mapped IPv4 in IPv6 address");

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.