remote-remote scp

Scott Neugroschl scott_n at xypro.com
Sat Feb 28 04:38:53 AEDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I know scp is kind of the red-headed stepchild of the suite, but I'd like to propose an extension to the syntax for remote-remote passthrough using the "-3" option.

Currently the syntax is essentially

scp -3 [ -P port ] [user@]host1:file [user@]host2:file

This is great, as long as both remotes are on the same port.   It causes difficulties if host1 and host2 are not on the same port.
I'd like to propose the syntax extenision:   [user@]host[,port]:file

This allows the two remotes to be on separate ports.
---
Scott Neugroschl | XYPRO Technology Corporation
4100 Guardian Street | Suite 100 |Simi Valley, CA 93063 | Phone 805 583-2874|Fax 805 583-0124 |