Call for testing: OpenSSH 6.8

Michael Felt aixtools at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 21:53:12 AEDT 2015

Had this running yesterday - will answer your questions above in a moment:

short version: all tests passed when blibpath includes an alturnate
directory for libressl - in order to override openssl (still) needed for
other applications looking for something-0.9.8 or something-1.0.0, etc..

===
Long version:
Added
LDFLAGS=-blibpath:/opt/libressl/ssl:/usr/lib:/lib

Summary has -blibpath listed twice

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating buildpkg.sh
config.status: creating opensshd.init
config.status: creating openssh.xml
config.status: creating openbsd-compat/Makefile
config.status: creating openbsd-compat/regress/Makefile
config.status: creating survey.sh
config.status: creating config.h

OpenSSH has been configured with the following options:
                     User binaries: /opt/bin
                   System binaries: /opt/sbin
               Configuration files: /opt/etc
                   Askpass program: /opt/libexec/ssh-askpass
                      Manual pages: /opt/share/man/manX
                          PID file: /opt/etc
  Privilege separation chroot path: /var/empty
            sshd default user PATH: /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/bin
                    Manpage format: man
                       PAM support: no
                   OSF SIA support: no
                 KerberosV support: no
                   SELinux support: no
                 Smartcard support:
                     S/KEY support: no
              MD5 password support: no
                   libedit support: no
  Solaris process contract support: no
           Solaris project support: no
       IP address in $DISPLAY hack: no
           Translate v4 in v6 hack: no
                  BSD Auth support: no
              Random number source: OpenSSL internal ONLY
             Privsep sandbox style: rlimit

              Host: powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0
          Compiler: xlc
    Compiler flags: -g
Preprocessor flags: -I/opt/libressl/include
      Linker flags: -L/opt/libressl/lib
-blibpath:/opt/libressl/lib:/usr/lib:/lib -blibpath:/usr/lib:/lib
         Libraries: -lcrypto -lz

root at x064:[/data/prj/openbsd/openssh/openssh]grep LDFLAGS= Makefile
LDFLAGS=-L. -Lopenbsd-compat/ -L/opt/libressl/lib
-blibpath:/opt/libressl/lib:/usr/lib:/lib -blibpath:/usr/lib:/lib

Editting Makefile to bring it back to only one - last one wins as I recall!

Looking good - not sure about this though:

ok try ciphers
run test yes-head.sh ...
sh: There is no process to read data written to a pipe.
sh: There is no process to read data written to a pipe.
ok yes pipe head
run test login-timeout.sh ...

also, do not have SUDO loaded

skipped: need SUDO to switch to uid nobody

... wait some more ...

learn additional hostkeys, type=ecdsa-sha2-nistp384
learn additional hostkeys, type=ecdsa-sha2-nistp521
learn changed non-primary hostkey
learn new primary hostkey
rotate primary hostkey
check rotate primary hostkey
ok hostkey rotate
make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/prj/openbsd/openssh/openssh/regress'
all tests passed