Re: Fwd: [Cryptography] Why aren’t we using SSH for everything?

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Tue Jan 6 10:58:14 EST 2015

All our protocol extensions are documented in PROTOCOL.* in our source.
Other open-source implementations have adopted some of our extensions
(e.g. OpenSSH certificates in Go's x/crypto/ssh, chacha20-poly1305 in
tinyssh) and we have adopted extensions from other open-source
implementations (e.g. curve25519-sha256 at libssh.org).

I've kinda given up trying to write things up for the IETF. It's dominated
by commerical vendors and people with more inclination to argue on mailing
lists than write good software (cf. the sftp process).

-d