way to set shell used for remote commands?

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 18:15:20 AEDT 2015

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 2:00 AM, Philipp Marek <philipp.marek at linbit.com> wrote:

>> What I'd like is an option I could put into a configuration file on
>> $remote_host to say "sshd should use SHELL=$X for all commands",  or
>> maybe it might be nicer to be able to say:
>>     "use SHELL=$X for commands coming from host $Y or network $N"
>> or "use SHELL=$X for commands that match the regular expression $Y"
>> or a combination of both.
> Why not create an additional user on $remote, reusing the same UID and
> groups, and giving that user the "right" shell?

Because it screws up commands like 'ls -l' inconsistently, confuses
logging, and generally makes file and process ownership difficult to
track. If you want to do this on your own personal system and accept
the consequences, so be it.Multiple users with the same uid are like
bind-mounting directories. It works great, until it doesn't.