Usability issue when forced to change password when logging in to a system

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Jan 27 23:36:09 AEDT 2015

John Olsson M wrote:
> Where can I find instructions on how to setup my own build and test
> environment for OpenSSH development on Ubuntu 14.04?

git clone https://anongit.mindrot.org/openssh.git
cd openssh
autoreconf -fi
./configure --prefix=/tmp/ossh && make install

Now make changes, then run git commit, then git show to review your
commit, when you are happy with it run git format-patch -1 to save it
into a patch file which you either email to the list or attach in
bugzilla.

> it seems like the dialog texts does not originate from OpenSSH itself.

Then there's of course nothing sshd can do to fix it.

//Peter