SSH over websockets

Ángel González keisial at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 08:53:29 AEDT 2015

On 29/01/15 21:15, Alex Bligh wrote:
> Be frightened:
> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/secure-shell/pnhechapfaindjhompbnflcldabbghjo?hl=en

That's a ssh client implemented in chromium, not a web server acting as
sshd. However...
«Secure Shell also knows how to connect to an HTTP-to-ssh relay that was
built inside Google.  Unfortunately
that relay isn't open source, and Google
doesn't maintain a public pool of relays»
--
http://git.chromium.org/gitweb/?p=chromiumos/platform/assets.git;a=blob;f=chromeapps/nassh/doc/faq.txt

Phil wrote:
> My main motivation is that it is generally easier to route HTTP across
> multiple corporate firewalls than getting ports opened for ssh (even if it
> is an embedded sshd such as in gerrit rather than an actual shell).
It will depend on how picky the firewalls are. You may prefer to embed
it into a https stream,
such as using a proxy command of socat - openssl-connect:%h:%p