Using two agents

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Mon Jun 1 17:51:43 AEST 2015

On Mon, 1 Jun 2015, Kasper Dupont wrote:

> > You could probably rig something up using the Unix domain socket
> > forwaring that was added a couple of releases ago.
>
> Wouldn't that require an updated server?

Yes, it would need one with support for Unix domain socket forwarding.

> What I had in mind
> would be a fairly simple client side change that wouldn't
> change the protocol used between client and server in any
> way.

You could do this if you want, there's nothing particularly complicated
but the assumption of only working on a single agent socket is fairly
pervasive. I don't have any desire to add it to the client - it's the
sort of kludge that gets in the way of a better solution to the problem
and that we'd need to carry around forever.

-d