Call for testing: OpenSSH 6.9

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Wed Jun 3 09:46:47 AEST 2015

On Tue, 2 Jun 2015, Ron Frederick wrote:

> > The privsep chroot path is specified at build time (./configure --with-privsep-path if you want to change it).
>
> Ok, thanks. I?ve re-run the tests on Linux with --sysconfdir=/etc/ssh
> --with-privsep-path=/var/run, and I no longer see either of the issues
> mentioned above. With the above config option, all tests passed for me
> on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS.

You should use /var/run/sshd on Ubuntu. Don't use a directory with other
stuff in it.

> Done. This is now filed as bz#2407. No hurry on this one, as the code
>still runs fine at the moment and passes all the tests. I just thought
>I?d report it to avoid future problems if those APIs are ever removed.

Most of those are due to Apple soft-deprecating the OpenSSL libcrypto
API as a supported interface. If they ever fully deprecate it, we'll
ask users to build OpenSSH against an independent installation of
libcrypto.

-d