FYI: SSH1 now disabled at compile-time by default

Dan Kaminsky dan at doxpara.com
Wed Mar 25 19:17:30 AEDT 2015

We can be a little louder than release notes. It's probably a little
sketchy to just warn people against 5.x with all the backporting of
security fixes going on.  It'd be nice to say the specific CVE's or
patchsets you'd like people to be sure they're running.  As you say,
there's some nasty capability out there.

And after all these years, there's a lot of trust in you, and OpenSSH.
It's well earned.

It's a good time to be doing this shift.  A lot of crypto is being
sunsetted.  Just recommending a bit more awareness first.