Name based SSH proxy

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Mon May 25 21:16:54 AEST 2015

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 5:39 PM, Kasper Dupont <
kasperd at kdxdx.23.may.2015.kasperd.net> wrote:
[...]

> I'll try to explain my usage scenario in a bit more detail.
> I have a number of servers each running IPv6 only. Since
> some clients will only have access to IPv4, I have deployed
> a proxy on a dual stack host. But the proxy only has a
> single IPv4 address.

Assuming you have sufficient CPU and an account on the dual stack host (but
it could be a single restricted one), we already have a pretty functional
SSH proxy: ssh "netcat mode".

It takes a little bit of client side configuration, but basically it looks
like this in ~/.ssh/config

Host v6host1 v6host2 v6host3
    ProxyCommand ssh -W %h:%p dualstackhost

--