ssh closing file descriptors for ControlPersist

Jakub Jelen jjelen at redhat.com
Tue May 26 18:15:43 AEST 2015

On 05/26/2015 01:44 AM, Damien Miller wrote:
> On Mon, 25 May 2015, Jakub Jelen wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> we were discussing internally how to make openssh leave open file descriptors
>> that were open before main using LD_PRELOAD.
> Something running in ssh's address space could do just about anything.
>
> If we start making changes for random stuff that users force in
> via LD_PRELOAD, where would we stop?
>
> -d
Thanks for your reply. I totally accept your attitude from developer
point of view. I wanted to gather some opinions from other people around
openssh about this issue not to have it only as an internal discussion
which just started to lead nowhere.

Unfortunately, the world is not ideal place and some people are using
strange constructions. And sometimes we need to make compromises.

Jakub