OpenSSH-7.1p1 fails configure check with LibreSSL-2.2.4

Carson Gaspar carson at taltos.org
Wed Nov 11 07:41:46 AEDT 2015

On 11/10/2015 12:19 PM, Iain Morgan wrote:

> Another alternative would be to pass -Wl,-R/opt/libressl-2.2.4/lib to
> the compiler to embed the search path in the headers of the executables.
> You could add --with-ldflags=-Wl,-R/opt/libressl-2.2.4/lib to the
> configure options to OpenSSH.

This is that "standard" hack for projects that hate RPATH

> It might be nice if this option was added automatically be configure,
> but I don't know if it's sufficiently portable to be worthwhile.

This is (IMNSHO) the correct fix, and there are autoconf modules to
determine the toolchain specific linker options, or libtool will
correctly handle "-mode=link -rpath /some/path" arguments.

If you wanted the library found by the standard linker path, why would
you specify its location in the configure args?

--
Carson