ssh-copy-id bugfix

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Sat Nov 28 06:52:01 AEDT 2015

Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org> writes:

> On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 08:34:50PM -0500, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
>> It's not clear, even to a reasonably intelligent bash progammer, that
>> the use of "exec" is to insure compatibility with fish and tcsh users.
>
> The use of exec is not to ensure compatability.  Just doing
>   sh -c "..."
> would be enough.
>
> The "exec" is for efficiency.  It is not _needed_.
>
> I would skip it, personally.  The efficiency gains are neglibible.

I doubt I'd have put the "exec" in, but having thought about it briefly,
I decided to keep it (at least until someone points to a shell that
doesn't have exec, but would otherwise succeed in running sh).

FWIW I think Nico does have a point about having a comment that would
act as a reminder not to break the portability features of that line, so
that's what I'll do.

Cheers, Phil.