Is there any solution, or even work on, limiting which keys gets forwarded where?

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 10:02:58 AEDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 10:34 AM, hubert depesz lubaczewski
<depesz at depesz.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm in a situation where I'm using multiple SSH keys, each to connect to
> different set of servers.
>
> I can't load/unload keys on demand, as I usually am connected to at
> least 2 of such sets.

I *just* went through some of this, to distinguish between github SSH
"deploykeys" and my personal key when connected to a remote server for
which I may wish to publish updates to github.

I personally now set up a .ssh/config with "Host" entries specified
for different services and different "IdentityFile" services, to
ensure use of one local key or the other for a particular "Host" as
designated in .ssh/config. This does not require a real CNAME or valid
DNS for the target host, and lends itself well to automated services
where one upstream git repo requires a different SSH key than another.

This does mean a private key on the server, which is its own risk. But
for automated, unattended git deployment, you make tradeoffs.

                     Nico Kadel-Garcia